Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Weightlifters/bodybuilders
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The intermittent fasting that I am speaking of allows you to eat a ton of calories but at a different times. The first 4 hours of eating is a low protein about 20 grams, with vegetables for your first meal (breaking your fast). The last 4 hours, or the over eating phase, is when you can eat pretty much all you want (within reason of course) So if your maintenance calories is 3000 and you need 3500 to gain muscle, then nothing has changed. Except when you eat this amount.

The old way of thinking is eat a ton, gain muscle and fat, go on a cutting phase and lose some muscle and fat, so really you are not making the gains you think you are making. If using the fasting to gain about 1 to 2 lbs of muscle per month while still cut, then why wouldn't you use this method to always look kick ass. I am 39 5'7" at 158lbs, I am close to getting my six pack and I am making unbelievable gains, like I have never before. I work out 6 times a week, 3 for weights and 3 for hills sprints, sprints and simply walking. I always labeled myself as a hardgainer, never making progress, but on this program and meal plan, I am getting the body I always wanted.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus