hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemac View Post
Sure you can chose to output threw USB and I think there is a big advantage, much better audio fidelity.

This all work with iOS6 and iPhone 5
Also what works is receiving text messages and SYNC reading them to you, unfortunately, it kinda garbles of the name of who sent it with a bunch of number, and you can't send anything threw sync, but it does read the text for you in you receive one now. Probably a firmware update will take care of this new issue/feature.
Whoa I'll have to try that...my car is currently at the dealership getting the tranny re-flashed (and they're checking the clutches while it's there), but the loaner they gave me is a decked-out 2013 Explorer, so I'll just try it anyway.

I had no idea you could *force* the audio over USB like that. It never worked when I did it with my old iPhone 4 on other headunits. I keep a 32GB USB stick in the car with my music on it, so the only time I use the iPhone for audio is with Spotify. It's a huge bonus to be able to pump the jams over USB (although I've never really had too much trouble with Bluetooth).