Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The Competition
Thread: The Competition
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #42
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
Have you driven a skyactiv?
Several .... they were nice cars ... as all 3's are ... I drove them when I was purchasing the Focus this spring, as well as VW TDI Jettas and Golfs ... both with and without the dual clutch trans.

In the end ... I was really impressed ... and I mean ... REALLY .... impressed .... with the Focus's handling and road manners. I had done a fair amount of research on the cars ... which is why I decided on the manual trans over the DCT, and the standard stereo option rather than Sync or MFT.

Unfortunately .... I didn't come across the suspension issues in my research .... my fault, and now I have to live with it unless Ford finally fixes it once and for all, which as of now ... seems unlikely IMO.

Regarding the youtube video ... if the operator isn't intentionally doing that with the throttle ... clearly something is wrong with that transmission .... which as many here are apt to say ... can happen with any mechanical item ... every now and then. Also ... regarding the forum link above the youtube link. It seems that once the trans was reprogrammed it was fine ... I didn't read all three pages, though.

REV