gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPS Cow View Post
That's the problem, I am eating as clean as possible. Not sure what else to try. Here is my current meal plan for everyday:

6:30am:
1 cup of oatmeal (plain)
2 turkey breakfast patties
1 T of half and half in coffee
(crash)

9am:
1 scoop of protein powder
1 Apple
(crash)

Noon:
4oz baked chicken (plain)
1/2 cup black beans
1 cup steamed veggies
2 tsp mustard

4pm:
1 scoop of protein powder
1 apple

5-6:30: Work Out

7:30:
4oz baked chicken (plain)
2 cups Romaine Lettuce
5 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup cucumber
2 T chopped onions
2 T Fat Free Italian Dressing

Calorie Total: 1500

I workout 5 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half.

Any ideas on things I can try changing?

Oh yeah, my personal details:

I'm a 31 year old female, 5ft 4in, 124lbs.

Edit:
My calorie ratios are:
Protein 42%
Carbs 35%
Fats 23%

The old way of thinking was to eat 6 times a day, lift weights and do cardio. The thought was to keep your metabolism always working, which will increase muscle and burn some fat. The new way of thinking is to eliminate from your diet all grains, milk and most fruit from your diet. Perform intermittent fasting and begin eating at noon or 13 to 14 hours since your last meal. Breakfast was created by the cereal companies to sell more food, it was created in the 20's and they used the term "The most important meal of the day", now everyone uses that stupid line and we all believe it. Our ancestors for thousands of years, did not eat breakfast, they only ate once or twice a day depending on what they caught and killed.

Wheat, grains and milk for most of us, does not get digested properly. We get bloated, gain fat and when eating 6 times a day, our bodies never get the chance to recover from a workout. Performing an intermittent fast, allows our bodies to continue the fat burning process while we are sleeping and until we eat after 14 hours. During the time we wake up till about the time we eat, we are in a flight or fight mode, our bodies are fully awake, we have full energy, no grogginess. The fat burning process during this time is continues as we move about and go on with our day. Once we omit the wheat, milk and some fruit, we no longer feel bloated, no crashes occur and due to fasting our Testosterone increases naturally. Contrary to popular belief, we will not go into hibernation mode, which means that anything we eat will turn to fat. Our fat burning process actually increases during this time since we are limiting the amount of food during the day.

I don't want to get into it fully here, you may read some sites on this and make your own decision on what you want to follow. One thing I can guarantee, that if you want to build muscle and burn fat at the same time, intermittent fasting is the way to go.

http://www.eatstopeat.com/

http://www.renegadedietbook.com/

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus