View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #463
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Well that sucks to hear. Looks like I probably won't be bother with this bumper if its going to have these issues and crack so easily. Don't want to have to spend another $100+ in materials and time to try to get it to look right.

May get their ProDTM bumper instead. Know someone who has had one for over a year and has hit stuff with it and the bumper is still perfect. No cracks or anything. Seems the ProDTM was built really well with plenty of "flex" materials in it. Imagine they had most of the ProDTM bumpers made at the same time.

My only other option is a urethane one from GPwerks if they ever make them????? The urethane is easy to work with. But I don't know if they'll ever get them going. Could get a Reiger but that's $650+ shipping. Too much $$$$ for my taste.

Again, glad ED made the attempt but I think; as mentioned, some test fitting of the new bumper should have been done. This probably would have revealed this problem which would have allowed the product to be modified to fit and look correctly then a new mold could have been made with these changes.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."