Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Very sad day...need help!
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
LethSVT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104385
What I Drive: 2004 Silver SVT

Points 103, Level 2
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 LethSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Very sad day...need help!

I appologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong forum, I'm just looking for a bit of help(Sorry for the novel as well). If I leave out any info please let me know. This is my first car and love and its a very sad week for me. Idk what to do with the car or if I can get a little bit of the money spent on it back out of it. I'm not trying to sell it here I just need help figuring out what i can do with it and some numbers.

I bought a '02 black focus SVT with 105k miles about two years ago. I put another 5,000 miles. About 4 months ago the engine blew a piston through the block and totaled the engine. So I bought a brand new '02 2.0L svt zetec engine, had 0 miles on it. I put 3,000 miles on this motor, it just was broken in and purring amazingly. Everything else is stock, Eagle GT Goodyear tires. Last week I got into a merge fight with a semi, yes I know not the smartest I'm still beating myself for it , pushed me into cones and was turned sideways, I almost leveled it out when I hit grass and rolled it. Now I didn't hit anyone else all the damage is from the ground. It was a slow roll but enough to total it. There was no damage to the front of the car and the car still runs. In fact, the engine cranked right over, idled great and I could drive it still. No leaking or backfires even when rev'ed. The engine cost me 6k i know i wont get that back even with only 3,000 miles on it, but what do you think I can get out of it and whatever else I can sell off it. Thanks ahead of time guys = )