Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - ST Spotting......
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
You're the one with closed view, I lost a few friends who were bike enthusiasts and were almost always saying more or less the same stuff you do now, I've also seen 2 biker deaths as they happened caused by other users of the road, which just wouldn't happen if they were driving a car. That, and knowing a few dozens full time paramedics around the world who working on the streets for years have all the right to have their opinion respected - and their opinion is that bikes indeed are "legal form of assisted suicide" so to say, even tho some of them are/were riding bikes themselves.
"Legal Form of Assisted Suicide" implies that the people riding bikes in general are out to kill themselves. You're argument breaks down really quick in definition alone, not even beginning to look at the logic behind it. You've obviously been hurt more times than any amount of our talking can undue. I'm sorry for your loss, however essentially calling all bike riders out as being in a mental state of suicide consideration is far from called for. Surely you've never lost someone important to you while sky diving, rock climbing, white water rafting, flying in an airplane, or driving in a car. We each accept a certain amount of risk in our lives, your acceptable risk level is clearly much lower than others. Your view is on the extreme end of the spectrum, it sucks you've been pushed that far on this particular issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan
The wagon is 0.86" longer then the sedan and 7.83" longer then the 5 door hatch.
Thanks for the info. I'm off to figure out if the wheelbase changes on the sedan vs hatch. That info should be on Fords US website somewhere. I'll tell you though, that wagon sure looks more than 7.83" longer than my hatch. Wierd, must be the perspective or something.