suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
But this isn't intended to replace the Focus sedan/HB is it?

I was just at the dealer the other day and saw a lot of these on their lots (or what I think are the C-Maxes), but not too many Focuses. They had these right up front and I didn't really see any Focus or Fiestas in view (they had them right up front and center the last time i was out there about 4 months ago...)
It won't replace the Focus in any significant quantities because its only available here as a hybrid, or soon a plug in hybrid and therefore costs a whole lot more money starting at 25995 for the base SE 2.0L hybrid version with the $795 destination and delivery charges applied, and the plug-in Energi starting at 33745 with the $795 destination and delivery charges applied. They may be eligible for tax incentives but only if you owed enough in taxes for the credits to apply.

The base Focus is a 16995 S sedan at msrp, with the same $795 destination and delivery charges applied. So its unlikely to actually displace Focus sales, but they might try to order a few to try and push people into spending more money for a hybridized version of the platform, plus it is the new model after all.