Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Post your mod pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #638
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caman View Post
I must say that I'm really pleased with this car!
This is my forth euro focus, and it is getting better each time :)
This is a "World Car", and that means that the wagon is availible - or will be availible in the US as well.
No what it means is theoretically a wagon could be certified for sale in the U.S. but because the market doesn't buy wagons (because none are available because most of the manufacturers think we want crossovers instead), they likely won't build any here for us.

They brought over the European Kuga as the new Escape, and the C-max as the hybrid. Technically we were lucky they brought us the Focus hatchback which is 6.9" shorter than the sedan on the same wheelbase since it was also presumed that hatches also don't sell. Ergo no chance for a Focus wagon, despite the Jetta SportWagen and the other german wagons basically having the market to themselves at the moment.

Well not when the old ones from the 80s-90s were little crummy econoboxes with nothing going for them except practicality, but the new Focus is at least still somewhat ascetically pleasing. It's probably exceeding their sales expectations here. Its also stiffer and not much heavier than the sedan. The wagon however is as long as the sedan for even more cargo volume.

If the wagon didn't cost much more than the hatch, which already cost by the sticker almost $800 more in 2012 than the sedan (now up to over a $1000 for 2013). I might have considered a wagon despite how ugly my old 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera cruiser was (although to be fair it was cheap and it was mostly the interior that was really nasty due to bad door seals).

The Focus looks good as a sedan and hatch, and the wagon looks nice until we get to the tail gate/ lift gate/ hatch, but its not as square and ugly as the older wagons used to be in the 80s-90s.