Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2013 Ford Fiesta gets facelifted, EcoBoosted
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #24
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
Let me try this again.
There are two (so far)poweroutput levels for the 1.0L. NA markets will get this one:

Displacement: 61 cu in, 999 cc Power: 123 hp @ 6000 rpm Torque: 148 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm
The Focus made more horsepower 12 years ago (less torque and at higher RPM vs. the turbo engine, yes). I guess if the only thing the buyer gives a damn about is maximum fuel efficiency given the available engine options, and lives in a flat city, things are fine. Just sayin'.

And just to clarify, I'm not saying the engine is a bad engine or anything... just that I've had my fill of slow gutless cars over the years. Fuel economy be damned, I'm tired of driving things that can barely get out of their own way. So this car would not be for me. And to comment on the post below... the car looked great in its original form, it was actually a very stylish car (at least in hatchback form). The problem is Ford did the usual car manufacturer tricks of trying to update a design on a minimal budget (mid cycle refresh or whatever they call it) and tacking on the current grille doesn't flow with the rest of the unchanged body design.

Posted via FF Mobile

Last edited by azdamay; 09-30-2012 at 12:36 PM.