Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 05' 2.3 ST with a few problems. Need guidance on where to begin...
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
SilverST05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103209
What I Drive: 2005 Silver Frost ST

Points 325, Level 6
Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 SilverST05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloostd View Post
Hey Fellow Fanatics,

I've got some issues with my 05 ST I purchased almost a year ago... The same issues since I bought it with. Hell 60k miles, ST with heated seats, for 4500- salvaged title. Car looks completely fine and was fixed inappropriately. Great DD.

Anyways, When I turn on my headlights with out without fog/ parking lights, all my cluster instrument lights go out. If I play with it, putting pressure on it, and turning it, I can get the lights to stay on while in parking light mode- but when you turn fully to headlights- boom, the lights on the cluster gauge/ hvac all go dead.

Whats the deal? What do I need to do or buy?

Next thing,
The E-Brake handle spring-push-button broke. It won't say locked. What part do I actually need? Can i just replaced the spring or do I need the whole part? Which part would that be?

3rd issue, HVAC controls. The blower only works in the 3 position. The rest of them do not. I'm guessing its the control switch?

4thly, What kind of maintenance should I do at 75k mile interval? I've replaced the brakes, and changed the oil- thats about it.

Anything I need to worry about?

Thanks guys!

Have a great weekend.

Bret

First problem sounds like the headlight switch needs replaced.

The E brake thing, I have no idea never tore apart an enrage handle, my guess is you would have to replace the entire handle assembly.

Problem 3 sounds exactly like a blower motor resister. I've sold plenty of these working at O'Reilly Auto parts. The resister has different wires with different resistance to produce the different speeds. But one, usually the high, has no resistance so when the part goes bad the one speed still works.

As far as maintenance, I would say spark plugs. I just put in Autolite XP Iridiums and have had good luck with them in my 05 ST. I would say maybe a fuel filter. Other than that making sure tires stay inflated properly.

Good luck
Brian
"As soon as we're born we start dying, so you might as well have a good time."