Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How To: Disconnect Center-Speaker on Sony 9 Speaker System
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #49
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnesta View Post
Definitely agree with this which arguably makes the car environment the ideal place for 5.1(excepting limited source material) due to the ability to time align and level match with typical surround DSP controls. I wonder why Ford and Sony eschewed any form of DSP when for the last decade or so it has been widely available. Oh, I forget, this is an economy car. Seriously it's easy to expect more as the Focus, in my opinion, has an uncommon degree of luxury for it's class.
You are dead right. I love my Ti. But at the same time I wonder what Ford was thinking when they set out options and accessories.

I have a pretty good record at reading trends. The future I see is small luxury cars like the Focus. My buddies who drive Audis are downsizing the next time around. Audis are good cars. But I would rather drive a domestic car. Although there are still some cracks in the organization, in my mind Ford is the clear leader by a mile in terms of domestic auto makers and is fast pulling up beside Audis in design and technology.

When I look at other models in the Ford family the Focus comes across as an unfinished product, an orphan of sorts. My Ti has about every option Ford offered. Still there are a lot of things I would have added except Ford didn't offer them. You can add more options to an F-150 than a Focus. It is so dam close to what I consider the perfect car. I find myself wondering why Ford didn't finish the job. If they had there might be a lot more North Americans driving loaded Foci today than Audis.