Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #476
tmsco
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89447
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tmsco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford dealer got fix/update late Tuesday and it mentions checking the apim level. Appt on Monday to have it done. Will update with details.

BSquare 2nd qtr report shows thay are still involved until 2013 for MyTouch development. Below qoute from CEO on 2nd qtr report;

"Before I leave services, I would like to comment on the status of our work with Microsoft on the MyFord Touch system. We successfully renewed our contract with Microsoft through the end of 2012 and are currently discussing 2013 plans. We have positive indications that our work will continue next year, however no agreement has been reached as of today".

Not good. As a 25+ year developer I'm hoping they go to Microsoft automotive and completely recode. Have never seen software as buggy as this released to the public.

Worse yet is the lack of communications from Ford. Downloaded last Sunday and of course no climate control just power button. Also usb is not working correctly among other old bugs still existing.

Love the car - hate the MFT software and Ford's handling of the situation.