Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - VIDEO: Finally got Auxiliary input working on Stock Blaupunkt Ford Focus Radio
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
mew1033
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104108
What I Drive: Mamba

FF Reputation: 1 mew1033 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sure.

Here are the rest of the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/C8mVT#14yig

So I called PIE and I got a little more information. The guy I talked to (Frank, one of their Engineers) said that they have two versions of this product. There is a DpX version, and a DpX+ version. It's the DpX+ that has the removable harness. Frank also told me that their factory had run out of stock on the DpX+ version, so they were currently shipping the DpX version. He said that until the DpX version runs out, they weren't going to get more of the DpX+.

I had contacted Discount Car Stereo about the problem to see if they had any of the DpX+ versions laying around. They didn't, but they were able to direct me to something that will work. They call it the FRDW-HAR. Very similar to the FRDB-HAR that you recommend in your video. It connects the radio HU to the 12-pin ford connector on the FRDW-AUX. That way you can use either version. I bought that and it should be arriving in a few days. I'll be sure to let you know how it works.

Thanks again for all the research you did for this project, as well as your great video!