Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Anyone upgraded their Sony 10-speaker stereo?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #43
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnesta View Post
Linchpin, another former rock drummer here, (amateur admittedly) with pretty decent ears still. I honestly believe the center channel is there because of market expectations and customer appeasement but has little function for music and in fact is a distraction due to the low quality of the driver and the preponderance of mid range content which would seem to support the inverse of your claim. Mine is disconnected and will remain so. Just my opinion of course....
Music is a very personal thing especially today when many sounds, in particular very low frequencies, are synthesized. This includes many drum sounds which are fired by triggers.

My first options are to experiment with more sophisticated EQs and signal processors which can do wonders for crappy sound. At the end of the day the best sound is what works for you. If the system sounds better with the centre speaker disconnected then pull the plug. There is no right or wrong. The issue is what you like.

Sony is just OK with me. If Ford had a super premium audio system as an option I would have gone for it. Ford Service.......are you listening?