Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #646
GeorgeCostanza
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103444
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 GeorgeCostanza Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, I think I'm getting my first focus on Monday. Went in to the dealer today and they are trying to bring it in from another dealership one province over.

Kind of disappointed in the process, though. I originally wanted a 2013 and was going to factory-order this month since the employee pricing deal is on right now (which means about $2700 off the price of my car). However, the interest rates are 4.99% for 72 months. So I thought I'd get a 2012 instead since I can get 0% on 72 months, which saves about $5,000. But the sales manager really tried to pressure me into taking higher interest on a new car (and also somehow not getting the employee pricing), I felt pretty insulted. My sales guy was nice, but the manager was condescending, and really tried to pressure me into not ordering from the other dealership. In my head I was like "buddy, with the internet the way it is, I already know I'm getting hosed in Canada since the same car is $4000 cheaper in the US, so don't try to rip me off further!"

But I held my ground and they are getting back to me monday. I hope to sign the papers then!

It's a 2012 Titanium (Yellow Blaze) hatchback, leather interior, parking package, etc. I wanted to get most of the features (don't really need navigation though). So I am happy, if they can get it in. He hinted they were going to try and charge me $1500 extra for ordering it though. That seems fishy, and I don't trust this manager. I have a car I am ok with right now, so I am in no hurry, so if they try and ruin the deal I'm just going to walk away. I have never had a positive experience with a car dealer.

But I hope I can get it!