Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ST Spotting......
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #22
scottso
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103207
What I Drive: 2013 ST3, 2011 Harley Ultra Ltd

FF Reputation: 1 scottso Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
So the statement should be amended to "IMO motorcycles are a legal form of assisted suicide..."? With so many distracted drivers and drivers on prescription medicine that affects their motor skills and drivers just generally exhausted along with so many just plain bad drivers I think motorcycles are an accident waiting to happen. I did ride sport bikes on the roads for about 20 years by the way but I won't do it anymore. It's just not fun dodging all the freaks and close calls.
I've been riding since 1977, 3 Hondas, 2 Harleys. It's not so different now as it was way back when. I use my peripheral vision the same today as I had to back in '78 when someone tried to run me off the road several times.

Pay attention to what's around you no matter what you drive. I have no accidents on my record at speed, but I've been hit 5 times while at a complete stop, in cars, by people not paying attention - none of them had cell phones. 4 times at stop signs and red lights, and the last time (17 years ago) while parked in a parking lot with the ignition off.