Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #453
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Ahhh, see, that is where you are wrong! They do apparently make a special (ultra secret) version for italic bold font people. You just need to know the ultra secret code:
I'm not surprised some would so easily agree with a "the grass is always greener argument", it doesn't take much thought or effort to agree with a false premise, plus its so much easier and more fun to whine and play the helpless victim.

out in the real world however, there is something called iDrive which Consumer Reports rates as unreliable, but that would ruin the "grass is always greener argument" so lets just pretend it doesn't exist

speaking of CR, here's an interesting quote from Consumer Reports: "So, the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch system might be intuitive in that it's better organized than some competitive systems, like BMW's iDrive."

Since the grass is always greener elsewhere, I wont bring up the 'my new iPhone doesn't fit in my $60,000 2013 BMW anymore' issue or the 'my Lightning adapter took away my iPod out funcionality in my 1 week old BMW.'

02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Need help, we are having a very strange problem with our I-drive. (controller) when you start the vehicle the I-drive will not respond, after driving about 15 miles it works, as if nothing was ever wrong. It was doing it before we replaced the battery, it stopped doing it after they put in the new battery, until it had sat for a few days. Now the problem is back. When you push the center button on the I-drive no response for the first 15 miles. Any suggestions??

On 2 occasions, when I have started the car, the I drive/computor screen has just not come on. The car runs otherwise fine. The seller told me that when this happens, get out of the car, lock it and leave for 5 minutes. This seems to work. He said it was some kind of `boot up` problem with the computor and is not uncommon. Is there a quick fix for this?

I find myself continuously frustrated with my experience using the iDrive. My view of the system has not changed since my original post......