Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Hughesy's 2nd Gen Duratec Turbo Build
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #168
Hughesy27
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84331
What I Drive: 2010 blue se

Points 1,683, Level 23
Points: 1,683, Level: 23 Points: 1,683, Level: 23 Points: 1,683, Level: 23
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Hughesy27 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Ok well a very long first day. I ended up running into a lot of setbacks. But what I did manage to get done was the water lines ran, the oil return, 80% of the hotside ran, all of the coldside hooked up. I also did the PCV delete and ran a hose to vent, hooked up everything to the vacuum block. I used the evap port on the manifold as my source for the block like sporadic did. Only thing I need to know for that is what to do with the other end of the evap by the top left of the engine bay. Do I need to run a hose with a breather or what? I was trying to look back through sporadic's 2nd build thread about it but can't seem to remember what to do.
I got 50% of the intake for the turbo done. need some pipe made for the rest. The downpipe is being made in the morning. I'm really sorry about the lack of pics but my phone was dead all day and camera was not cooperating at all. You guys have already seen what it all looks like off the car so I;ll get some pics of everything put on tomorrow.
Got to talk with Tom and he was extremely helpful as always. (thanks again Tom) Getting the base tune all set in the morning. Also didn't get the oil feed done. I know right! Brought the wrong oil filter adapter. I have three but somehow left the other two and grabbed the one that doesn't match the threads. No big deal take two seconds to do that. And no I didn't fill the car up with oil yet just because of that fact. So just a little tweaking and I'll be good to go tomorrow. Later guys.