Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 05' 2.3 ST with a few problems. Need guidance on where to begin...
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
bloostd
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 59310
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST Black

FF Reputation: 1 bloostd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Arrow 05' 2.3 ST with a few problems. Need guidance on where to begin...

Hey Fellow Fanatics,

I've got some issues with my 05 ST I purchased almost a year ago... The same issues since I bought it with. Hell 60k miles, ST with heated seats, for 4500- salvaged title. Car looks completely fine and was fixed inappropriately. Great DD.

Anyways, When I turn on my headlights with out without fog/ parking lights, all my cluster instrument lights go out. If I play with it, putting pressure on it, and turning it, I can get the lights to stay on while in parking light mode- but when you turn fully to headlights- boom, the lights on the cluster gauge/ hvac all go dead.

Whats the deal? What do I need to do or buy?

Next thing,
The E-Brake handle spring-push-button broke. It won't say locked. What part do I actually need? Can i just replaced the spring or do I need the whole part? Which part would that be?

3rd issue, HVAC controls. The blower only works in the 3 position. The rest of them do not. I'm guessing its the control switch?

4thly, What kind of maintenance should I do at 75k mile interval? I've replaced the brakes, and changed the oil- thats about it.

Anything I need to worry about?

Thanks guys!

Have a great weekend.

Bret

2004 EAP SVT Focus- sold
2003 DSG Cobra 2.3 Whipple Vert - Sold