Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Anyone upgraded their Sony 10-speaker stereo?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #25
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,230, Level 35
Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gybryant View Post
I know this thread is kind of old, but I had to chime in as one that doesn't think the Sony system is loud enough. It may be my ears, but I have no problem getting pleasing sound from other stereos. It seems like once you get past about 75% on the volume, it doesn't get any louder. It just runs out of oomph...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
I honestly can't take mine much past halfway without it hurting my ears...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gybryant View Post
I've tried CD, SD, USB, AV in and Bluetooth. It's the same effect no matter the input. The problem with this is that it is so subjective. What makes your ears bleed may tickle mine. I have been over all of my setting time and again and found nothing that would suggest a culprit. I think I'll go to the dealership and listen to another identical system to see if it's just me.
Hi gybryant and TiStick,

As you said, gybryant, volume can be pretty subjective. If you're unhappy with your stereo's performance, not only would I check out like models and judge their volume against yours, but I'd also have a Ford tech inspect the speakers.

Or, you know, you can always trade vehicles with TiStick. Sounds like his speakers are working just fine.

I'm happy to get your case escalated, gybryant, if you'd like to go that route. Send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, dealer, and daytime phone number; I'll handle things from there.

Have a great weekend!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply