JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Unfortunately they didn't. They are just subcontracted by Microsoft now instead of Ford directly. They are still involved though to a lesser extent. I'm hoping it is just because MS needed their help transitioning since BSquare had such intimate knowledge of the original and their role will continue to diminish to the point of eventually being removed from the picture completely.
BSquare's lead developer role was taken away. What's left of BSquare's involvement is only legacy support, for what they originally developed. Good riddance. I'm convinced the rest went to work on Apple Maps. LOL

I just have to shake my head after reading the details of how Apple Maps was developed. This was a 5 year effort on Apple's part, and tons of resources were poured into it, buying up companies along the way. What they delivered is bad, by any measure. YUK! It's especially bad coming from a company that boasts of their development prowess, and supposedly not releasing stuff until it works.

Taking away something that worked, and worked very well, just adds insult to the injury and screams of corporate hubris. They just need to bring back Google Maps until they get their act together. PLEASE!!!