Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The Competition
Thread: The Competition
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #23
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
I suppose a base ST is an option, but like I said before, the back seats not folding flat would annoy me... not to mention how much my insurance would increase, winter wheels/tires, etc etc.
As far as the other options you listed, I never really considered that, but ultimately I think the compact hatch is the segment for me. A mustang would be fun, but I'm not sure I could deal with the "lack of space" compared to a Focus/Mazda3.

And unless I'm doing something wrong, the Titanium jumps to 26k with just Blue Candy and a moonroof. Not sure I want MFT and all the other extras. Not even sure what RVC or PEPS is!
I believe the SE w/ 201A gets you the touring suspension, leather (honestly don't really want leather, but at least it's fake), rear discs, fog lights (very useful when driving home to visit the folks), perimeter alarm, power driver seat (don't care because I'll set my seat once and be done). That is essentially most of a Ti without the MFT and other stuff I don't care about?
Actually I was not really providing actual advice....I bought a Job 2 SE Sedan with the Sport Package myself as opposed to either the ST (insurance is expensive) or the Titanium (I didn't want the opportunity for more things to not work)...I was trying to point out that $3k to $4k more than the SE is a lot of money and buys a considerable amount of options on the Focus. Couple that with the fact that you can deal on teh Focus as opposed to the Mazda and the present rebate make it cost effective. That's all. I was just pointing out that you mentioned the Mazda and Focus SE were comparably equipped so that means you could add a lot to the Focus and have them the same price but end up with everything including the sink on the Focus.

Sorry for the lingo, PEPS is Passive Entry Passive Start and RVC is Rear Video Camera...