Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - FSWerks Header? Buy it??
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #52
bedoya_d94
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96169
What I Drive: 2011 Black SES

Points 7,469, Level 57
Points: 7,469, Level: 57 Points: 7,469, Level: 57 Points: 7,469, Level: 57
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 bedoya_d94 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
My car was not loud at all before the header either.
Then the first startup after it was installed i thought they replaced my car with a pissed off ricer version of a go-cart lol.

Going header is a hugggeeee difference... And I love loud too. My gmc truck before my focus was dumped and people could hear me coming wayy before I got there. But the loud of a v8 and the loud of a 4 cyclinder are not even up for comparison.

The header also throws in "header ping" so it makes your exhuast sound higher pitched and pingy. Thus resulting in a very loud pingy ricer sounding tone lol until you add in at least a muffler as big as the stealth.

Like stated before many people have 2 stealth mufflers with the race muffler and it is still moderately noisy. Even mine with all 4 mufflers is still almost just as loud as your stock exhaust manifold with the race exhaust.

We are not trying to down you in any way. We are only trying to help you prepare and do it right from the get go so you don't have to sound like crap along the way as many of us did while figuring out the right combination of mufflers to tame it
Well I do have the Stealth Resonator on my to buy list which is right after I buy my tuner from fswerks. I guess ill just roll with it with it, but I mean gee thanks for looking out and everything yall are great!