Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #642
tech10002
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104134
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 tech10002 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCornell View Post
I'm sure no one is beating up on mustangs, but the focus is rather zippy compared to other cars in its class/league
I agree completely. I have a 2012 Mustang GT, and while it would soundly embarrass my brand new 2012 Focus 5 speed in a race even if I started the Mustang in 3rd gear, the Focus is still tons of fun in many other ways and is worlds better driving and more powerful than my old Honda Civic that just got totaled. It is plenty zippy around town and has no problem passing on country roads. It's also way easier to drive smoothly than the Mustang. Anyone who has ever driven an MT82 equipped manual transmission Mustang knows they are challenging cars to drive smoothly and can kinda wear on you in heavy traffic. Sometimes you just want an easy, pleasant drive, and the Focus definitely does that terrifically. This is one of the best manuals I've ever driven and probably the best overall car, too.

One way it definitely beats up on the Mustang is in fuel economy, though. It nearly doubles what I average in my GT.

Here are a couple pics of the new ride.