Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ST Spotting......
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRyan View Post
I agree the ST's are sweet but I am more than happy with my SE. Cheaper to insure, maintain and operate vs. the ST. The reason I would look at a more performance oriented car is for the, well...performance. Then everyone makes the jump to well you have an ST but you should of gotten a Mustang with that oh so sweet 5.0. Now we got a can of worms opened up to which I say if you want performance and MPG then get a 2 wheeler. Liter bike fast is bliss.
IMO sport bikes are a legal form of assisted suicide, I would never consider one over ANY car. I can see the appeal of a Harley or something for the experience and the cool factor, but a sports bike is just asking for trouble. Anyway, I too am perfectly happy with my regular old Focus. It handles amazingly well for an inexpensive fwd car, gets great mileage, looks fantastic,and it's quick enough to be entertaining. The ST would be nice and it sure looks appealing, but I just cant justify it. Plus, I won't miss the frequent torque steer related wheel alignments of the ST one bit- that's if my past experiences with high power fwd cars hold true.