Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Power Door lock/window/mirror swap HELP!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
boardgeneration
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97319
What I Drive: Redline 13 Dodge Dart Rallye

FF Reputation: 1 boardgeneration Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Power Door lock/window/mirror swap HELP!

So after spending way more than I'm finding it worth it, I decided to start looking into installing my power door project. I got a Chassis harness, door harness, power lock actuators and interior handles, as well as window and door switches.
I wanted to start with just the locks for now as I still need window motors.
Mind you I have an 05 ZX3 S..... No power anything! There wasn't even a relay or switch for fogs so I hard wired them.

Ok, so I took off the dash under my steering and pulled the black junction box (not sure what it's really called) that snaps into the side wall under the kick panel. Looking at the new chassis harness I got, I noticed there are a lot more pins than there are on the harness coming through the firewall.
I have a Central Locking Unit I noticed so why isn't there wiring for locks and windows on my harness? I also noticed the unit was obviously changed out for one from an 06 as it was written on the front with wax pen.
Does anyone know if the S model is truly "stripped down" without wiring at all for power windows and locks. There are fuses in the fuse box for both, WTH! I need help or maybe I'm better off putting all my parts up for sale!