Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #372
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 895, Level 15
Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
None of that should matter, the process should be as simple as:
1. Download the update files to a USB drive.
2. Start engine and leave it running.
3. Plug USB drive into car and follow the on-screen prompts.

That's it, the update package should do all the rest. If it's not that simple than the update should be available only to dealers qualified to install it.

Where I work as a driver validation engineer lead we operate under a simple motto, "it should just work" and we execute under that motto very well.

Between the long-term problems people are having with the DCT and Ford's incompetence at maintaining software, I've already made the decision to sell my Focus as soon as MFT climate control functionality is restored. It has under 10k miles so now's as good a time as any.

And then... I am buying a Subaru Legacy GT and building my own infotainment center. I am seriously considering thinking of taking it open source so everyone can benefit...including Ford.

1 thing does matter and its stated right in the install instructions. It clearly says to remove any other USB devices that may be plugged into one of the ports.