Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Why do you love your focus so much?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Swansong.
^Truth.

TBH, because I can't afford anything else.
When I bought the car I had criteria for a car. I wanted brand new, I wanted a hatchback, I wanted a 2 door, I wanted a 4 cylinder.
I was planning on getting a Honda Civic. But 2000 was the last year of the body I was dead set on. While looking at them I had seen a Focus ZX3. Started researching them, what modifications were out there. I decided I could live with it. There wasn't the aftermarket like there was with a Honda, but I thought that would grow over time and as more people got to know the workings of the car it would flourish. Sadly that really didn't happen as I thought it should have.
I'm very happy with the car. I'm happy that I've found ways to eek more power from it on the cheap. So much so that I bought a second one.

I regret buying the car because the day I drove it home I found the exact Civic I wanted. But there was no going back. The paperwork was signed and I was going to live with it.

I would say the community has made owning the car better, but the community hasn't changed much at all over the years. The way it is right now is just how it was in the beginning. It's a good community, just hasn't really progresses or become too innovative. I kinda think some of that has to do with the site itself and it's limitations on what you are able to share without worrying about people making fun of you or jumping on your back. It does keep a calm herd though.