Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Smoking Problem while accelerating
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Rhinotested
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104296
What I Drive: 2003, Dark Grey, Focus TDCi

FF Reputation: 1 Rhinotested Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smoking Problem while accelerating

Wow, this site is awesome.

I am an absolute Noob when it comes to the mechanics of cars, I usually leave that stuff to my brother as he's the mechanic.

However, he seems to always be busy, and I like to know stuff, so I turn here, to FOcus Fanatics.

My problem is I have a Diesel Focus '03, and when I accelerate, no matter what gear I'm in, when I put stress on the engine it PLUMES out loads of smoke.

It was suggested that filters needed changing, so I changed the air and fuel filter. I then put it through a full service, so had clean oil put into the car.

Now, i think that the smoke is worse in the sense that it's "easier" to produce this smoke. I have been told that it could just be crap in the pipes, but I've tried "clearing" them many a time, but with no joy.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise, I'm thinking that if I can have an educated reason for what might be wrong then my brother may actually take a look at it for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rhino