andriykoua
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104282
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 andriykoua Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'm a big proponent of using clear film protection, I currently have it on my Focus and it's held up great for the past few years.

Invisible Mask uses 3M/Ventureshield (3M owns Ventureshield) so its extremely good material. That said the process of installing the clear film is not as easy as it looks. It's like installing window tint but on a different level because of the car's contour. You might want to take a look at a few videos and try a small area before attempting the larger ones. If you don't do it right you'll end up with bubbles underneath the film or worst-case scenario..tearing it.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Another option is to have a professional install it, sites like http://www.xpel.com/ will have listings of people that do this for a living.
Thank you guys for sharing the info, much appreciated :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
I had it on my Tundra for 10 years. It was finally starting to turn yellow. My truck was white so it showed the age more that a darker color probably would.

I installed it myself, it was not too hard. Basically you spray soapy water over everything, the vehicle, the back of the material and your hands. This allows you to position the material and then you squeegee all the water from beneath and the adhesive sticks it down. Doing the bumper on our cars will probably be a handful. Better have two people and make sure everything it clean. If you get any contaminants on the back side the film it is ruined.

I have ordered film for my headlamps for some extra UV protection. http://www.etrailer.com/Lamp-Guards/...eid=2012992498 With the way the tops are exposed to the sun I think they will start to turn. If you buy a kit (I think that may be the same place I got mine) it may include headlamp film as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using FF Mobile