Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - FSWerks Header? Buy it??
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #51
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Points 8,339, Level 61
Points: 8,339, Level: 61 Points: 8,339, Level: 61 Points: 8,339, Level: 61
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TritonX4 View Post
Well tbh my race exhaust on its own isnt loud at all... i wasn't as impressed when i got it, i thought it would be much louder so i dont mind feeling LOUD for a change.
My car was not loud at all before the header either.
Then the first startup after it was installed i thought they replaced my car with a pissed off ricer version of a go-cart lol.

Going header is a hugggeeee difference... And I love loud too. My gmc truck before my focus was dumped and people could hear me coming wayy before I got there. But the loud of a v8 and the loud of a 4 cyclinder are not even up for comparison.

The header also throws in "header ping" so it makes your exhuast sound higher pitched and pingy. Thus resulting in a very loud pingy ricer sounding tone lol until you add in at least a muffler as big as the stealth.

Like stated before many people have 2 stealth mufflers with the race muffler and it is still moderately noisy. Even mine with all 4 mufflers is still almost just as loud as your stock exhaust manifold with the race exhaust.

We are not trying to down you in any way. We are only trying to help you prepare and do it right from the get go so you don't have to sound like crap along the way as many of us did while figuring out the right combination of mufflers to tame it
Galatians 6:14