Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Ford Fiesta gets facelifted, EcoBoosted
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not liking the front end at all. The grille setup is definitely nicer and cleaner, but the enormous headlights sweep back way too much and make it look very disproportionate. It's also way too nose heavy... way too much front overhang. Bring the front axle up further and widen the track a bit for a sportier look. I'm just not buying the US spec crash rating argument. If they can do it for a US spec Mini Cooper, they can do it here too.

The 1.0L EcoBoost engine also sounds too weak. I could've sworn there was an article not too long ago bragging about how they could have a similar (if not identical) horsepower output from the current US spec Focus out of the conceptual 3-cylinder 1.0L EcoBoost. Uhhh 99 hp falls kinda short from that original projection. I don't mind smaller engines and forced induction, but please for the love of god match or exceed the original hp/ft-lbs figures.

EDIT: Here's the article. Second bullet point says "New engine will deliver performance of a larger four-cylinder with even higher fuel economy." And then it goes on to say, "Final calibrations of the new EcoBoost 1.0-liter are under way. Kuzak said the new engine will deliver horsepower and torque outputs equivalent to or better than most normally aspirated 1.6-liter gasoline engines." Nope, Ford, not exactly...