Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Help appraise my Focus!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
focusauto01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101157
What I Drive: 2002

FF Reputation: 1 focusauto01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Help appraise my Focus!

Ok, well gas keeps going up and I decided that I'm about to convert my daily driver to a Toyota Prius Hybrid that's rated 55 city / 50 highway. I'm going to be selling my 2002 Ford Focus. I will give details below and tell me what you guys think I could get for it to a private seller.

2002 Ford Focus lx, 2.0 Split Port, Dark Blue in Color, No body damage / wrecks, no cosmetic or any running problems. Mileage 119,000

I've did the following to it over the past 2-3 Months and have receipts for almost everything with warranty on majority of the parts.

- New Fuel Filter
- New Air Filter
- New Synthetic Mobile 1 Oil & Filter
- New Synthetic Mobile 1 Transmission Oil & Filter
- New Spark Plugs
- New Plug Wires
- New Oxygen Sensor (Up Stream & Down Stream)
- New Tie Rod Ends (Left & Right)
- New Sway Bar End Links (Left & Right)
- New Driver Side Complete Axle
- New Driver Side Lower Control Arm w/ lower ball joint
- New Serpentine Belt
- New Power Steering Fluid
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaned
- New PCV Valve
- New Upper Strut Mounts (Left and Right)
- New Alignment

Also have good tires (85% ?), tinted windows, and cd player with a remote. Brakes were at 90% according to Firestone, after recent alignment.

Only defects on the car is the center console needs to be replaced. I am an auto tech student, and just enjoy working on cars. So I took really good care of this car, any time I had a problem it was fixed instantly. I maintainced nearly half the car trying to achieve my goal, of 33 mpg highway =]. Anyway it's time to part with the car, just looking for advice on a good asking price and final price to a private seller from you guys that have experience buying and selling these Focuses. I know the car is getting old, but it's well taken care of and I just want to maximize what I get for it, because all the money will be going towards purchasing a hybrid! Thanks for the help!