Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroxs View Post
Hello All,

Newbie to the forum as I just purchased a 2013 Focus Titanium 3 weeks ago.

Love the car but hate the MFT. Navigation is a bit better after the update to 3.2.2 but I still want to punch the voice that comes with voice recognition as I know I can't speak any clearer at times.

But the thing that is frustrating me the most is how the music played back through my iPhone. I did just buy an iPhone 5 hoping some of my problems will disappear. Not really.

Here we go.

I joined the iTunes Match service a few days before getting the phone. I did this so I wouldn't need to get the 32gb phone and then could save $100. So with all my songs up in the cloud I should be able to connect through USB to MFT and be happy.

Well once all the songs were in the cloud and you connect through USB you can not see any of the sonds through the MFT panel. There are no songs listed as they are not on the iPhone. Since the phone is connected to the USB port the phone goes into accesory mode and you can not choose anything from there. Now everything that MFT is supposed to doesn't work.

If I want to listen to music I need to connect through BT and on the phone select a song. This is flaky as I only sometimes get the ability to see artist and song name and sometimes I can't use the steering wheel contriols and cannot at all use voice commands. Other issues is that I can't charge the phone while on BT since I haven't been able to get a car adapter for the new phone yet. That will happen in the next few days though.

So anyone out there able to use iTunes Match and the USB port? Anyone got any ideas on workarounds?
The whole fact that music is not stored on the device is the issue. Likely no one will have better results than you except for maybe having better metadata on their songs and getting better artist/track names through BT audio.

You ought to try using SyncMyiTunes (downloadable from SyncMyRide.com) and let it clean up your iTunes library data. This may give you better results via BT. Unfortunately BT is just streaming so you won't be able to use voice commands with it.
Sonic Crew #28