Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Upgraded Sound Package Head Unit
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
spongebue
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104250
What I Drive: 2005 Black ZX5 SES

Points 176, Level 3
Points: 176, Level: 3 Points: 176, Level: 3 Points: 176, Level: 3
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 spongebue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Upgraded Sound Package Head Unit

Hi all,

Just bought my '05 ZX5 SES a couple months ago. Love it, great car to drive. Also happened to include the upgraded sound system package, with the Sony speakers and subwoofer on the side in the back. Also has steering wheel controls, but I think that's from being an SES more than anything else.

I am a little curious about the head units, though. Unfortunately when I bought it the guy put a cheap Pioneer deck in because one of the cd slots stopped working. It's a shame, because I actually kind of like how the stock deck looks in the car. Just to see what is supposed to go into the car, I checked out fordparts.com, and going by my VIN it looks like this is the original unit: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=Focus (Part 18D806). $687 at the dealer... ouch.

Of course, I checked ebay and such to find what I could, and those seemed to be much more reasonable. Thing is, I'm not really sure if any of those are the same as what I'm looking for (again, remember that I have the upgraded system). Are there really that many variations on the head units, or if I get a 6-disc system will I know that it will be ready for my steering wheel controls and subwoofer? Are there any differences between the standard 6-disc deck and one that's part of the upgraded sound package?

Thanks!
-Brian