Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #272
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

Points 166, Level 3
Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
The dealer can't fix it as they don't have the proper software to make it right. Let's be sure we point the finger at the responsible party here and the dealer is not that person. Ford corporate is 100% to blame for this mess. They have been given the chance to make this right for all of us and yet they seem unable or unwilling to do it. Either they are not putting the right resources into fixing the issue because of the cost or internal politics, or they simply don't care enough to make the hard choices. Perhaps they have an outsourcing issue here. If they are relying on another company to provide the goods, they might be in a tough spot because they have no in-house development team and are help captive by another company while they bring new people online.

I just don't want us to blame the dealers on this. Sure I am critical of the dealer when you take your car it time and time and they act like you must prove you have a well documented issue. I also hate to get my car back and everything says "normal operation" on the work order, but this time they are right.
Absolutely. Did not intend it to come across that way.
The meaning was the dealer needs a solution form the manufacturer before they can resolve the issue.
The dealer is the dealer some are better than others, I have 5 or so here in my area I have been to 2 of them. One was useless and the other was ok. But in this particular case there is no point referring somone to the dealer when they will not know how to fix the car.