Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #289
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The reverse lights get some attention too:

I'm still waiting to get a chance to swap out the mirrors' amber bulbs, but in the meantime I have received and installed another set of lights. After a friend told me about these I looked into them and ordered a set for the Focus - projector LEDs.

Almost a plug-and-play install, but I did notice that these particular LEDs had their contact points backwards to those in the Focus' sockets. Note that the little metal strip is on the right side of the LED's white base (it's the same on the other side), for it to work it had to be on the left side. I carefully bent each one up and over to the opposite side, resulting them being on the left on their respective sides.

For any sedan owners wondering how the lights come out, there is one plastic nut to undo on the back side and then a few pins keep the light clipped in place. Be prepared to push with a fair amount of force!

Old bulbs out, the LEDs slotted in and worked great. Below is a comparison between the original bulb (left) and new LED (right). There's a slight difference in brightness.

One more small lighting update done.

SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.