Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Strut/Shock question
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,008, Level 71
Points: 12,008, Level: 71 Points: 12,008, Level: 71 Points: 12,008, Level: 71
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Omni kit get you far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlik View Post
Thanks! This is exactly the info I was looking for.
This, however, brings up another question - if I get the Omni kit, will my H&R springs be useless? Or will I be able to use 08-11-style springs with 00-05-style struts on an omni?
Thanks again
Model yr '00-''05's use one type of spring & strut & '06-'11 use a bigger diameter strut & a spring w/ a pigtail at the bottom. So no you can't interchange the two types. So if you have a later='06+ spring you will need the later strut. The earlier '00-'05 struts & springs are more popular w/ the aftermarket then the later cars. Have OMNI kit & your wide open to all suspension kit made. If your going to mix & match= make sure the strut can handle the spring pressure. All lowering springs are going to have more spring pressure to handle the reduced suspesion travel. So you need a strut to handle the increased pressure. Makes sense doesn't? Shorter travel means somethings got to give, huh?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131