Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #168
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,583, Level 65
Points: 9,583, Level: 65 Points: 9,583, Level: 65 Points: 9,583, Level: 65
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Need the paint fixed first or the hood will just rust in that spot, more so if its adjusted clear of the lamp.

Tail light rubbing, but the body shop on first glance claimed the light looked like the car was backed into, but the bumper cover doesn't show any signs of that damage (only damage seemingly from the lamp rubbing against it, same as the rear quarter panel.

Have to bring it back tomorrow for them to actually look at this and the hood/ LF head lamp.

There is sort of a black mark and other scrape marks on the lamp however. But I'm fairly certain that it was rubbing on the fender the entire time I've had the car.

I'm just getting more and more depressed on all the little things they screwed up on and hadn't admitted. They might get ford to fix the paint, but if they claim it was caused by the damage to the lamp then I may have to make an insurance claim (at least I believe I lowered the deductible, but that will still suck, and also at that point I might as well have them work on the front passenger door as well as there is a dent there, and scratches probably everywhere .

LF headlamp where the hood was rubbing on it.

Its worn through the paint in less than 5000 miles. That will likely rust quite badly if its not fixed soon as winter is coming.

Not sure what hit the radiator support when nothing on the hood should touch it, except potentially under an "over slam" condition.

That does not really look bent to me, but what do I know. I don't know how the lamp got damaged externally, but I do know its worn through the paint down to the primer or bare metal on one side, but the gaps seem excessive on the other side almost. Not sure that it hasn't done damage there also.

For comparison here is the gap between the hood and the headlamp on the right side

This is much more uniform, but the damage is already done on the other side. I hope they will fix this a bit better than the fact that they are ignoring the seat concern. They claim its working perfectly, but they are denying the existence of the evidence in their own factory service manual as posted to their dealer service page, as well as other sources. I'm about at the end of my rope. I mean come on, its no where near as complicated as a dual clutch mechanism or the engine, but seriously is that the best they can come up with?

Here's the photo evidence of the damage at both ends. I haven't heard of anyone noticing any issues with the head lamp and the hood however.