Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Parking Sensor False Alarms

On several occasions, when I came to a stop without being in park, my car would emit a continuous beep sound from the front speakers, indicating that a front sensor picked up something in range of it, but nothing was nearby. Every time this has happened, it was a clear, sunny day and no dirt or debris was on the sensors. I had to either go into neutral or press the parking sensor off button to stop the beep. Also, my car is a one week old 2013 Focus Titanium with the parking assist package.

I'm going to call the dealer about this but I cannot replicate the problem. It seems to happen randomly, maybe 20% of the time I drive.

[Update]

I finally had the time to make a video of it and sent it to Ford technical service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuruKe0EZ4U

This is their response:
"Definitely should not be going off there appears to be some type of issue communicating with the sensors or possible with the Parking Aid Module (PAM), has the dealer attempted to check for Codes in the PAM by running a network test? Hotline also suggesting running the azimuth system check per 413-13A of the workshop manual."

At least they recognize that it's an issue. Now I have to wait for a call from my dealership...

Last edited by dragonpalm; 10-19-2012 at 10:22 PM.