Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #208
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 1,573, Level 22
Points: 1,573, Level: 22 Points: 1,573, Level: 22 Points: 1,573, Level: 22
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 TehMark Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Everyone uses their system in different ways. I couldn't care less about bluetooth and metadata. I'd like to see fixes to the mysterious radio stations when switching modes and direction downloads from services.
I really doubt sync services will get any love. I don't think anyone uses it. This is old dial up tech that is akin to onstar. It sucks, completely. Buy any modern phone and it has everything that sync services has but instead of 10 minutes on the phone it takes 10 seconds. I could call sync services and ask for directions or I can hit a button on my iphone and ask siri to route me to my destination. Are you really going to tell me that sync services is worth a crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
That creeps into my head every once in awhile, then I drive my girlfriends Elantra. After experiencing the mushy shifts, boat-like suspension and loosey-goosey hydraulic steering, I don't sweat the stupid touchscreen as much.
My friend has a nice 2012 elantra limited that I've ridden in but never drove. I just know it's really embarrassing when MFT craps the bed. I've never seen the elantra wig out like our systems do on a regular basis. My car can't even tell time correctly. It is good to know that our handling is better at least.