Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - replacing rear dome light fixture
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
You would think it's that easy, but it isn't. Not sure if you have the moonroof, but in mine, the lights seem to rely on each other. I took some apart (right down to the circuit boards) and had a look. Unfortunately, while they plug in, they didn't work... One would come on while the other would turn off... it was very strange.

There are a few variations of the dome lights in this car, though, so maybe you would have better luck. It might be easier to install 2 of the passenger-side moonroof model overhead lights, as there is only one button to allow it to be turned on, but otherwise controlled by the main light unit.
I don't have the moonroof. I do know what you mean and I can see that being an issue with the moonroof since there is a light on both sides of the moonroof. Mine only has the one central light between the drive and passenger, and then the rear seat light, which has no controls on it. Those both come on when the doors are opened.