Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Nothing but problems pt2
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
Also, the car was shaking violently today upon every take off and idling rough. I am just giving you a warning I'd like the car taken in, taken apart, gone over with a fine tooth comb, and then gone over again. I would also like a rental given to me until this problem is fixed. I've been telling you guys for two months that this has been happening and nobody has seemed to care.
What you hear and feel is common in these cars. I'm not saying that it is supposed to do that, but after driving many of them around over the past year (about 5), they all makes these noises.

I personally feel the violent shaking is a mechanical issue with the gear not fulling engaging. I just took mine in for this issue, and although the dealer says it's "normal" (like they always will say), they at least will look at it. I will say that the DC transmission feels different than a standard automatic that most people are used to.

But yes your problem is a common issue and it is frustrating many people. I would try to work with your dealer first to get it in, and if that doesn't work, contact FordCustomerService (send them a PM) and they should be able to help.

You may want to check with the dealer to see if you're car has the latest PCM programming update. This may not solve the issue, but may help narrow down if it is a mechanical issue or not. That's what my dealer is trying to figure out with my car. But I do have the same problem as your experiencing: the grinding, and the "hopping" during acceleration.