suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
I know most people are having issues with the driver side tail light (which is definitely the case with mine) ... but my passenger side tail light has minimal/no clearance as well and I noticed some rubbing areas on the passenger side taillight area (though not nearly as bad or noticeable as the driver side) ... At this rate I'm just going to ask the dealer to remove all 4 lights (I now only hope and pray that the fog lights are okay, lol!) so I can look at the areas during their initial inspection....

The up side is that both my dealer and regional rep (Central IL) have been polite and responsive.
I'm referring to the headlamps, not sure about the tail lamps yet. My regional rep was less than helpful about my heated seats not working after the dealer lied to either them or me and said they were getting to 125F at the sensor in IDS to Ford, but told me they were only ever reading 90-100F at the heater mat (didn't say how they read the temperature)

Then claimed to check the resistance, but the alleged value is for the comfort seat or something but the SEL and TI cloth seats use the Sport seat frame, so idfk.

Seat shouldn't be 30F colder than the heater mat temperature, thermodynamics doesn't work that way, plus where would the thermal energy go? The dealer also lied and told me that cloth would catch fire if it got as hot as the leather seats do. Others have reported a surface temperature at the seat of over 105 even on cold days, mine seem to work worse when its cold (i.e. 39F outside takes the whole trip into work just to get to 70ish when the heater core gets the air up over 100F when set to 70F.)

Ugh, its always the little details that frustrate me the most, especially when the dealer can't or refuses to recognize them and fix them.