Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rl986@bellsouth.net View Post
Phil:

We just purchased two 2013's - one SE with 201A and one without. No appreciable difference with brakes - rear discs vs. drums. However, at higher speeds or with repeated stops, there could be a difference. Option 201A is worth the money - not only for rear disc brakes but for many additional features: leather seats, steering wheel and shifter boot, power driver's seat, ambient lighting, Sirius radio, brighter trim inside, perimiter alarm, fog lights, rear wing and 17 inch wheels/tires. 201A is $ 2,640 in US dollars. By the way, the SE without it works fine and has nice features for the price:16 inch alloys with decent tire size, SYNC with MyFord (works fine), all electrics, cruise and more. Both cars are impressive in design, engineering and driving dynamics. And they are very attractive inside and out.
Only the US forces leather as part of the $2500+ 201 A package. The leather seats are not worth the extra money, especially not for black leather. Give me back the choice for stone leather and I might choose it. Otherwise the only good thing about the 201A package is the rear disk brakes. They make a huge difference in stopping performance in traffic or from freeway speeds repeatedly. Drums fade much quicker.