Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #133
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I just checked with SyncMyRide and they list me for the update. OK, so I download to a thumbdrive and then what? I have a 32GB thumbdrive with 16GB of music on it already -- can I just use that or does the drive have to be empty or newly formatted?

Once I have the download on the thumbdrive I presume I put it into the USB port then start the car -- is that all there is or do I have to answer some prompts?

Brian
It's probably best to do it on a clean drive so that it doesn't get confused, but yeah, you just plug it in and it should start. You'll have to hit Okay a couple times through the process (do not just start it and leave when it starts. After it loads package 3 or so it will prompt you to say OK. If you don't, it will just sit there.) If it doesn't automatically run you can do the Install Applications option from the Vehicle menu and it should run then. Don't have any other USB devices in when you do it.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.