Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Shaking To/From 1st Gear
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #98
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedG View Post
Mine started doing this intermittantly in the last week or two. I have about 13.5K on it. Always at low speed, and low acceleration. It may be a coincidence, but it started right after the post-summer-vacation traffic got heavier, and I'm now sitting in more stop and go traffic on my 34mi commute to work. Being a long time manual tranny driver, it acts just like the car is in the wrong gear (too high) at low speed and is about to stall out. I'll call my dealership next week, but I'm not sure what they'll be able to do without it consistantly occuring.

9/24/12 Edit
Over the weekend I did the battery reset and drive cycle immediately afterwards. We'll see if it changes anything...
Hey there, FrostedG,

I want to escalate your concern to your regional Customer Service Manager. They'll get in touch with your dealer and ensure that all of your concerns are addressed. Send me a PM with your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and a daytime phone number; I'll get to work.

Thanks,
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply