Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Current Mods completed and more to come....
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
Incognito27
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34939
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 Premium - White

FF Reputation: 3 Incognito27 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
Prep like you would normal paint. Then spray until desired darkness is achieved - remember you still need to see light shine through. Also cops could ticket ya for tinting tails. To make them shine - wet sand, and clear.

If your gonna paint your top grille white, you need to do the bottom one too(never been a fan of painted grilles on ANY color).

Rock Auto has brand new fogs for $6.00.

If your gonna get different headlights, the only ones that I would recommend are Dynabeams, ST170's(fairly cheap on eBay & bat.inc), or Mach's. While your at it - just get a Euro grille too.
Ya i found some methods on here and they are done. i will have pics up later today.

I am still on the fence about the lower grill, the euro grill is where i am leaning towards .

As far as headlights are concerned i am looking at a R8 looking set unless something pops up i like better before i get them done.

Fog lights are another matter entirely. I would like (not to say i can have) the style that is used on the newer focus , with a plastic frame and a roung fog light in the middle. but i will have a look at the ones you mentioned to see how i would like em.