Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Infra-Red Focus RS replica/conversion build!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #182
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Not a whole bunch to report, but after getting some advice on the situation it was determined the best course of action is to sand the entire car back down to at LEAST the primer I applied. So I've got about 7hrs of hand-sanding in already and it's very tedious and labor-intensive.....and I've only barely finished the driverside so I'm not even half done yet. I'm REALLY losing steam on the project and having a hard time motivating to get out there and just keep sanding and sanding for days.

In other news, I went to the junkyard and snagged some parts that I misplaced and a couple parts I grabbed online came in

the blue door trims are from the rear doors of a sedan focus, I got them with the intent to modify to use for the rear quarter strips for the RS (people are paying over $100 for the two strips because they are different from regular hatchback trims...which blows my mind)

I have to make all new mounts for the hatch-door trim strip and shave the ford emblem off it and then paint it

Also grabbed a set of Carbon Fiber B-pillar trims:

I had previously ordered "RS" emblems on ebay, thinking based on the pictures they'd fit the pillars.....OOPS, lol

basically, there won't be much to post about until I have the whole car sanded down and decide whether or not I want to respray myself or ask someone else to do it.